What's new

xbox 360 and asus

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Trebuin

I'm using 3.0.0.4.372.32_beta3 and on this and older firmware I've noticed that my xbox seems to have a crippled download speed: 1.5 mbps down and 2.5 mbps up on a 20 mbps down and 5 mbps up. I've connected it to a wifi extender and managed to get 2.5 mbps down and 3.0 mbps up. With my last ddwrt firmware on an old linksys, I didn't have this issue. I have "optimized for xbox" selected in the wifi settings. I've read through and saw a history of this, but haven't found any fix that works for this. Has anyone seen a fix or are we still waiting?

I'm using 3.0.0.4.372.32_beta3 and on this and older firmware I've noticed that my xbox seems to have a crippled download speed: 1.5 mbps down and 2.5 mbps up on a 20 mbps down and 5 mbps up. I've connected it to a wifi extender and managed to get 2.5 mbps down and 3.0 mbps up. With my last ddwrt firmware on an old linksys, I didn't have this issue. I have "optimized for xbox" selected in the wifi settings. I've read through and saw a history of this, but haven't found any fix that works for this. Has anyone seen a fix or are we still waiting?

If you post the model of your router, you might get some better replies.

Try creating new SSIDs on your router. Make them something that you've never used before. Now try to connect your xbox.

If you post the model of your router, you might get some better replies.

Try creating new SSIDs on your router. Make them something that you've never used before. Now try to connect your xbox.

I'll try the new SSID. Sorry about the lack of model: rt-ac66u

Trebuen, have you noticed disconnects while playing multiplayer games such as cod or halo? for some reason I am consistently getting booted off while playing

I really haven't played multiplayer games in a long time but will check tonight. I've noticed a low quality streaming issue with netflix, but I think it is netflix starting movies in low quality and then jumping to high quality. 2.5 mbps is enough to stream in hq.

Just FYI... I have the exact same issue. I thought there was no way it could be related but now that I see your post maybe it is. I have 20 Meg download normally but when by son is on Xbox live I get 2-5 Meg Download...

I have RT-N66U

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!