What's new

Xbox live/ PS3 QoS settings?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

philwoz98

Occasional Visitor
Hi, I recently picked up a n66 (currently running merlin) and was wondering if any one had a detailed way of setting up an optimized gaming QoS. I switched over from a dlink dgl 4500, which on there forums had a detailed steps for the "every day user" to get the best gaming setup. http://forums.dlink.com/index.php?topic=10435.0

My question is, would these same ports and protocols be the same on this device or is there a better guide or setup out there. Thanks for any help on this particular topic and please excuse my ignorance on the subject.

QoS doesn't really have a "one size fits all" configuration. Every network is different, with different bandwidth available and different requirements.

In the RT-N66U, you could provide the MAC address of the Xbox 360/PS3 to prioritize that entirely, or give priority to ports 53, 88 and 3074 (TCP/UDP) (for Xbox 360) which is what I've done with my network. I don't know what ports PS3 uses, but a quick Google search will tell you.

You may find this post that I made a little while back to be of some use. It's showing you the basics of how I configured QoS for my network.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!