What's new

XD4 Still supported by Asus??

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Jong

So I have 2 Ax88Us, one in router mode, one an AiMesh node with wired backhaul. I thought that was all I'd need. However, we had reception problems in one room so added a cheap XD4 node to fill in. All works but I've noticed the XD4 is still on 386 firmware from last July.

Anyone here know if the XD4 is still supported and is expected to move onto 388, or at least continue to get 386 updates? Seems it had 3 in the first seven months of last year so it feels odd that it has now not been updated for about 7 months. Maybe that's just because they are working on the big 388 update, but maybe that's just wishful thinking!

Today they released the XD4 Plus. It seems its almost completely the same device, the only difference I could discover is that the 2.4Ghz band has higher speed according to the specs on the ASUS website.

That gives hope that they didn't abandon the product line, as I suspect both will be running identical firmware, so the "old" XD4 can maybe profit from future updates.