What's new

XD6 (Firmware 3.0.0.4.386_46859) - No Airtime Fairness and beamforming settings

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

ho_kuku

Occasional Visitor
I've posted this in another forum - but realized that this is the more appropriate place for my query

Want to check with XD6 users here if Asus had removed some advance settings options.
Am using XD6 and I realised that "airtime fairness" is no longer available for both 2.4ghz and 5ghz band.
Beamforming (Universal and Explicit) is also gone for the 5ghz band.

I just got the XD6 2 weeks back- upgraded to the latest firmware + did the whole factory reset thing (WPS and gui method - yes I am being extra cautious)
Found the setting missing and went on to do a subsequent factory reset - still the same thing.
I downloaded and reflashed the firmware and did yet another factory reset - and still no beef

Had attached my settings for reference

Anyone have got any clue what's going on?

I dig further and found that in the Asus XD6 manual - the airtime fairness is also gone (see screenshot). Screenshots show the 2.4ghz wifi professional setting page with no airtime fairness setting option

Asus going thru some config changes for ZenWifi?

Attachments

• 2_1.JPG
    2_1.JPG
    59.2 KB · Views: 165
  • 2_2.JPG
    2_2.JPG
    61.5 KB · Views: 165
  • 5_1.JPG
    5_1.JPG
    67.4 KB · Views: 154
  • 5_2.JPG
    5_2.JPG
    67.2 KB · Views: 144
  • User_Manual.JPG
    User_Manual.JPG
    78.5 KB · Views: 187
I recently got the XD6 and I don't see the same options you do (some of them are quite different, so maybe they have some slight differences for EU?) but I lack any Airtime Fairness items too.

I recently got the XD6 and I don't see the same options you do (some of them are quite different, so maybe they have some slight differences for EU?) but I lack any Airtime Fairness items too.

the latest firmware dated 2021 Dec is problematic for me. Wired backhaul - wifi from node will drop completely every week. Tried all different settings - channel, mhz etc.

If you got this problem too - maybe can try the previous firmware. FYI

It seems you're right.

I downgraded back to the one right before the December 2021 one and it's been quite solid.

Just protip, it seems they have a bug on Target Wake Time and you should disable it.

Also, never click the WDS button in the Wireless section. It seems there's a bug there too and it'll start channel hopping a bit.

Otherwise, I have OFDMA and MU-MIMO fully enabled and I'm using 160MHz channels just fine now. So far, looking good. Can't complain of 950mbps over WiFi :)

I didn't even have to reset the routers after downgrading, btw. It just worked.

It seems something is wrong with the December firmware. It's more than 70MB in size, whereas the others are less than 40MB. Even XT8 firmware is less than 60MB.

It seems you're right.

I downgraded back to the one right before the December 2021 one and it's been quite solid.

Just protip, it seems they have a bug on Target Wake Time and you should disable it.

Also, never click the WDS button in the Wireless section. It seems there's a bug there too and it'll start channel hopping a bit.

Otherwise, I have OFDMA and MU-MIMO fully enabled and I'm using 160MHz channels just fine now. So far, looking good. Can't complain of 950mbps over WiFi :)

I didn't even have to reset the routers after downgrading, btw. It just worked.

It seems something is wrong with the December firmware. It's more than 70MB in size, whereas the others are less than 40MB. Even XT8 firmware is less than 60MB.

Thanks for the tips mate.
when you say never click on the wds button - do you mean never to click on the wds tab? I happen to click on the wds a few times.

Thanks for the tips mate.
when you say never click on the wds button - do you mean never to click on the wds tab? I happen to click on the wds a few times.
Yes, never click the tab.
It seems there's some weird bug if you click on it, it'll start to switch channels.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!