1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice

Welcome To SNBForums

SNBForums is a community for anyone who wants to learn about or discuss the latest in wireless routers, network storage and the ins and outs of building and maintaining a small network.

If you'd like to post a question, simply register and have at it!

While you're at it, please check out SmallNetBuilder for product reviews and our famous Router Charts, Ranker and plenty more!

xfinity issue with moca

Discussion in 'MoCA, HomePlug, HPNA' started by Brett Stimpson, May 9, 2020.

1. Brett Stimpson

Brett Stimpson New Around Here

my cable internet was down for 3 days. the tech comes out and says they disconnected your cable when doing a service call on your neighbor. seriously? cmon idiots.

While connecting it says you have a major "feedback" problem. after i disconnected the two moca adapters i have it read normal. the tech says yeah you cant use those because its causing a problem.
    he says if you keep using them they will come out and put a filter on your line and you dont want that.

after researching is some more seems all i need is POE filter. why was he making it sound like such a major violation? and why didnt he have a $2 POE filter on him? these people are completely useless.

anything else I am missing? just a attach a POE filter on the line in and it stops moca data from feeding back into the line.

oh wait, the splitters. I need a moca compatible splitter right? I purchased some on amazon when i set this up. he said that splitter was no good and replaced it with a cable tv splitter which was identical to the old that didnt work before i installed the moca adapters? why would he remove the correct one and replace with an old style one?

2. degrub

degrub Very Senior Member

Yes, you needa moca blocking filter.
    He was getting his equipment for your service working.
    You can go back and replace the splitter with the one you need. If it causes issues with their service they will remove it if you initiate a service call . So block the moca leakage before it gets to their network.

3. Brett Stimpson

Brett Stimpson New Around Here