What's new

XR500 V2.3.2.22 released

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Killhippie

New features and enhancements:

• Installation flow improvement.
  • Added support for SHA256 certificates in lieu of MD5 for OpenVPN.
Bug Fixes:

1. Fixes the UPnP port mapping issue.
It also fixes the firewall issue with port 22 showing as closed not stealth and adds dedicated server ban too.

Are there issues, like licensing, for just installing this on my R7800? Or can I do that without concern for violating licensing?

we cant flash just like that. I asked xvortex to convert it for r78k

will post the link once he convert it

Not a major upgrade i guess

Anyone tried enabling router remote access. it seems missing in duma os. it cannot be registered in netgear server.

Nope n Duma partner confirm that it does not support. It’s planned feature.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are there issues, like licensing, for just installing this on my R7800? Or can I do that without concern for violating licensing?
Yes its against Terms and conditions, Voxel mentioned it and listed why. Also don't trust XVortex's version it may have malware as well.

we cant flash just like that. I asked xvortex to convert it for r78k

will post the link once he convert it

Not a major upgrade i guess

Anyone tried enabling router remote access. it seems missing in duma os. it cannot be registered in netgear server.
You should not use xvortex firmware. It was not licensed for R7800 so it is really piracy. This is what Voxel posted on the subject;

"http://dumaos.com/#GetDumaOS

DumaOS is available on the following platforms.

NETGEAR XR500 Pro Gaming Route

Netduma R1

Damages to Copyright Holder

Anytime software piracy happens, the copyright holder loses profits for each occurrence. If found guilty, the accused is responsible for paying for any damages and lost profits. If the software has been shared with others, the accused may also be responsible for profits lost from each installed copy.

Federal Penalties
Software piracy is considered a federal crime, much like illegally downloading music and movies. Some cases may go beyond paying back the copyright holder and result in federal statutory damages. The amount varies per case, but can be as much as $150,000 per infringement."

Go ahead guys. Make your shopping using PPal and Credit Card info passing it through your router with hacked pirate version of firmware created and published with violation of all possible licenses. Probably he is good chap to trust him your secrets. Only steals sometimes. Or maybe you think that you can avoid any prosecution for yourself?

Crazy world…

Last edited:
Nope n Duma partner confirm that it does not support. It’s planned feature.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The XR500 supports the netgear Nighthawk app. As you can see in this list. What you were asking in the Netgear forum was about settings that don't exist yet. Not quite the same thing.

https://kb.netgear.com/000055505/Which-routers-support-the-NETGEAR-Nighthawk-app

https://kb.netgear.com/000055501/What-features-does-the-NETGEAR-Nighthawk-app-support

Can someone please turn this paperweight of a router into a custom beast? This firmware is so behind and restrictive it's ridiculous. We don't even have OpenVPN for crying out loud.

Can someone please turn this paperweight of a router into a custom beast? This firmware is so behind and restrictive it's ridiculous. We don't even have OpenVPN for crying out loud.
The hybrid VPN from Netduma is now with Netgear and Fraser is hoping for a public Beta, you should already know this if you have been following the Netduma and Netgear forums As to the firmware being so behind, so behind what may I ask? Netduma's DumaOS is unlike any firmware on any other gaming routers at present as far as I know.

If you wait you will get your Hybrid VPN but this has to be tested by Netgear, since this is a feature that no Netgear router has as of yet. Patience is a virtue as stability releases come first and Netgear are a bit slow in development cycles but also have to make sure a new feature like this that will be on routers all over the world works as stated. Also DumaoS is propriety software so you cant muck about with their firmware on this 'paperweight' :rolleyes:

If you want a router to play with get the R7800 and download LEDE for added functionality, but if you wait, once Fraser has got the Hybrid VPN beta from Netgear to give to people to test you may get a chance to test it. Developing major changes in functionality does not happen quickly. Fixing bugs in any routers current functionality will always come first.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!