What's new

Xt12 vs 8

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Dd852

Occasional Visitor
has anyone here moved from the xt8 to xt12? What was the motivation? Was it worth the spend?
I’m very intrigued by the upgrade, but the cost seems at the moment hard to justify.

I did move from the XT8 to the XT12. Since my 2nd node is connected by wifi backhaul, I did experience a lot of stabilty issues since 2020. So far so good with the XT12. Much faster and coverage is better. But if you have 0 problems with the XT8, you could stick to that one

I did move from the XT8 to the XT12. Since my 2nd node is connected by wifi backhaul, I did experience a lot of stabilty issues since 2020. So far so good with the XT12. Much faster and coverage is better. But if you have 0 problems with the XT8, you could stick to that one
What's RSSI of your second node on XT12? 6E is supposed to have faster drop off of the speed over distance, so I'm curious...

What's RSSI of your second node on XT12? 6E is supposed to have faster drop off of the speed over distance, so I'm curious...
Indeed no 6E.

But about speed in same conditions as the XT8:

I get like 300/400 more Mbps at devices which are connected by cable to the 2nd XT12 which is connected by wireless backhaul to the main XT12.

Other wifi devices get like 150/200 Mbps more speed over Wifi. I think that’s because the XT12 reaches further (more antenna’s?) than the XT8 in combination with maybe better hardware.

As for stability: it’s running for two days now and so far it’s good.

System Log - > Wireless log -> scroll to the bottom, station list should have one entry where you can see dBm value.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!