What's new

XT8 AiMesh Node PHY Rate zero

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

johny_2000

Occasional Visitor
After the last firmware update to 3.0.0.4.388_22068 I reset my XT8 AiMesh system to factory settings with WPS button method, and for the first few days I saw all the statistics on the AiMesh -> Node -> Network page, including 'Backhaul Information' PHY rate in Transmit / Receive XXXX Mbps.

A few days later, I noticed that the mesh connection had been reset 17 hours ago, and when I looked at the node's network page, I saw zeros in the Transmit / Receive PHY rate.
Since then, I have restarted both devices several times, but have not been able to restore the PHY rate statistics again.

Is there any way to fix this without factory reset again?

P.S. The data rate of 'Fronthaul Information' is always displayed fine.
See attached screenshots.

Attachments

• Screenshot_202301021.jpg
    Screenshot_202301021.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 78
  • Screenshot_20230102.jpg
    Screenshot_20230102.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 79
Last edited:
Can't offer any assistance, but I noticed something similar with my XT8s (I've been on 388_21617 since setting them up just over a month ago). Initially, the PHY stats appeared, but during that period, my connection was quite unstable. I made a series of tweaks over that initial week and a bit and my connection improved considerably, but now the backhaul PHY also shows up as 0 consistently. If that's the tradeoff I had to make for a more stable connection, I'm more than happy to make it, although I did find it odd as well.

Thanks for confirming this issue.
My wireless backhaul has been pretty stable ever since I switched the channels to U-NII-4 range on a 5GHz-2 wireless network.
Essentially moving away from DFS / Radar channels towards a full 160MHz continuous bandwidth.
And really, I won't do much with the PHY rate statistics, because everything else works just fine in the Mesh system.
Probably just another bug somewhere in the firmware, which occurs some time after the reset.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!