What's new

XT8 and AX on 5-1

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

someuser08

Occasional Visitor
Just replaced a pair of AX92Us with XT8s (much happier with the wireless backhaul now) and trying to set up 5-1 properly. Ax92u didn't have AX on 5-1, so I never had an issue with clients. Now on XT8 initially I switched from auto to n/AC/ax mode and then noticed that roaming devices (iphones) sometimes can't find 5-1 at all after moving to location of another node. 2.4 is shown in a scan, but 5-1 is not (5-2 is hidden by me). Could take 5 min to finally show up... Connected devices stay connected all the time during this. Is it compatibility issue and I am better off disabling AX on 5-1?

XT8 pair here too, wired backhaul so 2.5/5-1/5-2 available. I had some issues 2/3 FW ago with the band switching (jumping between all 3 bands) in a specific spot of my house with my iPhone, last FW fixed it. No change in the wireless settings at all.
Now I'm on the last Merlin/Gnuton FW, so far the best FW I've had on XT8. Even with the add-ons putting more load on the devices

It's not a switching or location issue (i don't use smart connect and can be standing next to XT8 and still not seeing 5-1).

I will definitely consider Merlin firmware once I get used to this new set up. It's a used unit, so want to make sure hardware is not at fault...

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!