What's new

XT8 and Wireguard on ProtonVPN setup

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

in2ndo

Regular Contributor
So, my VPN knowledge goes as far as setting up a few openVPN connections on the XT8. Downloaded the proton config files to the router and done.
With the new firmware 3.0.0.4.388.21099. I can’t find or don’t understand how to setup WireGuard.
Has anyone setup their XT8’s using ProtonVPN’s WireGuard? The website gives the option to download the files. But I don’t see a way to use them on the router. The way I did with the openVPN files.
If someone can direct me to where I can find the instructions. It would be greatly appreciated.

TIA.

So, my VPN knowledge goes as far as setting up a few openVPN connections on the XT8. Downloaded the proton config files to the router and done.
With the new firmware 3.0.0.4.388.21099. I can’t find or don’t understand how to setup WireGuard.
Has anyone setup their XT8’s using ProtonVPN’s WireGuard? The website gives the option to download the files. But I don’t see a way to use them on the router. The way I did with the openVPN files.
If someone can direct me to where I can find the instructions. It would be greatly appreciated.

TIA.
Ok, the problem is the Safari browser. It works fine on the app and chrome. But Safari doesn’t give the drop down to choose the connection type.
so, got it working :)

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!