What's new

Xt8 fine tuning the setting recommendations?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Nickrog101

New Around Here
Just got myself a 2 pack of the asus xt8 system. Is there any settings I should turn off (such as airtime fairness and certain beamforming settings). I know my old router, it was recommended on here to turn off the older beamforming and leave the newer beamforming on.
Thanks guys. Complete novice here.

Just got myself a 2 pack of the asus xt8 system. Is there any settings I should turn off (such as airtime fairness and certain beamforming settings). I know my old router, it was recommended on here to turn off the older beamforming and leave the newer beamforming on.
Thanks guys. Complete novice here.

My install notes outline a minimal configuration.

OE

If you're using wireless backhaul, you can set your wireless backhaul radio (5GHz-2) to 160MHz. wide channel. Just set your control channel to 149 and enable 160MHz. channel width and it should just work *smile*. Been working for me for weeks now. You can verify that its working by using the Wireless Log. Since Asus added the UNII-4 channels, you can now have 160MHz. channel width without using DFS channels.

^^^ That plus: smart connect off, roaming assistant off, different SSIDs, if you have IOT devices on 2.4 then disable wifi 6/ax on it, fixed channel (unless you live isolated without other neighbour networks), wpa2, modulation up to MSC 9 (my legacy smart plugs and heating doesn't like MSC 11 setting for some reason). With 5-1 you can experiment by reading https://routerguide.net/

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!