What's new

XT8: How do I turn off LED on node?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

crawfish

Occasional Visitor
I've just set up my new 2 piece XT8 system and configured for AIMesh. I configured the WPS button to turn the LED on and off, but it only works on the router unit. Any idea why it doesn't work on the node, or any suggestions as to how to control the node's LED?

ETA: I found "LED" in the web UI under AiMesh/Management. Never mind!

Last edited:
if your units are black I used a small piece of electric tape to cover the LED, problem solved. I don’t think there is a setting that controls the LED on the node.

I apparently updated my post as you were writing yours. There is a setting to turn off the LED on a node!

BTW, if you ever want to dim an LED you can't control, there's a product called "Light Dims" which are an adhesive film that comes in various sizes and shapes.

The smart phone app makes this very easy...just start at "Home", and tap on the node that you're concerned with in the network graph you'll see there. The first setting that you'll see in the next window for the node is "LED Settings", and just hit the toggle there, and bob's your uncle. Very convenient, and you can do it anywhere that you are with your phone *smile*.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!