What's new

XT8 issues connecting to another AP (switch)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

statman28

New Around Here
Hi,

Today I purchased a pair of XT8 devices. I am having major issues connecting one of them to my Asus GT5300 which I am using essentially as a switch downstairs in my media room. The GT5300 is setup in AP mode and I have switched off the Radio. The XT8 and GT5300 are connected via ethernet cable. Every time I connect the cable from the GT5300 to my XT8 it loses sync and just starts flashing blue. The reason I want to connect the XT to my media room downstairs as I also have a Synology server connected to my XT8 and I'd rather stream media via cable than Wifi. Is it actually possible to connect a XT to a switch and then split other devices from that switch? All devices have the latest firmware. My main router is a AX11000.
I might try it with a proper switch and not my GT5300 in AP mode.
Thanks,

Last edited:
Yes, my ZenWiFi AX AiMesh router node is connected to an 8-port unmanaged TP-Link network switch, no problems with that. Have 6 or 7 wired devices connected to the switch, everything just works. When I connect another unmanaged 8-port network switch to the remote node, that also works fine.

Yes, my ZenWiFi AX AiMesh router node is connected to an 8-port unmanaged TP-Link network switch, no problems with that. Have 6 or 7 wired devices connected to the switch, everything just works. When I connect another unmanaged 8-port network switch to the remote node, that also works fine.
Thanks for that.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!