What's new

Solved XT8 Loose Internet/GUI - looks like rebooting

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

walkerx

Occasional Visitor
I have the XT8 2 node setup, been recently experiencing issues where would loose all internet connection, but modem still working. When checking the router initially able to ping it from pc, but unable to access internet the gui interface or via the mobile app.

ASUS haven't been very helpful, just saying do another factory reset, and it wouldn't be their firmware, etc that would have a problem. I've already done a few and with 40+ devices (not all on at same time) its now getting frustrating, especially as it's happened again this morning while i'm working remotely.

On checking the router this morning it was solid white, then it went to a red, then green, then white and I was finally able to check the system log and on doing so found it had rebooted itself.

My first XT8 was replaced due to getting it to work over ethernet backhaul using guest accounts which is now resolved, i replaced a deco m5 setup as required better speeds as less nodes, but thinking about contacting supplier and sending back as faulty and going back to pfsense/opnsense with access points setup

Any ideas? Should I go through another factory reset and manually setup the reserved addresses again

Update: ASUS think it is a hardware fault so advised to contact seller for replacement, contacted Amazon and can only send back for full refund as they don't have any replacement X8 units :(

Last edited:
just FYI the return would take about 2-3 weeks to get refund.
not necessarily, in UK they quite quick on giving out refunds, I would have been happy to try another replacement but they advised they would give full refund, hopefully should get end of next week at latest, but i've ended up ordering a multy m1 in it's place, hoping that will work perfectly

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!