What's new

XT8 - “not mesh client, can’t update it’s ip”

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

wags1

Regular Contributor
I keep seeing the subject line in my log. Sometimes is wireless clients sometimes wired. Anybody know what it means. I have an HP printer (OfficeJet Pro 9015e), which is a wired client not wireless, that is giving me pages and pages of that line in the log.

Last edited:
Same messages here, was using 41793 firmware. Reverted to 26044, reset, and don't see this message anymore, everything works. Don't know if it's significant or not, but also had a spontaneous reboot with 41793 (with "crashlog"), so that was the other reason that I reverted *smile*. No problems with 26044, although miss some of the features of AiMesh 2.0. I figure it'll come back around for me in a more stable firmware version, though.

I'm getting the same message on 41793, about 99% of which are for our DirecTV DVR. It still works though, so I just ignore it.

Same messages starts to occur from time to time in the syslog on my Ax92U ver 41712. When I reboot the AiMesh node (also AX92U) the message stops in syslog. Are you also running AiMesh setup?

Same messages starts to occur from time to time in the syslog on my Ax92U ver 41712. When I reboot the AiMesh node (also AX92U) the message stops in syslog. Are you also running AiMesh setup?
I am running in AiMesh mode. After I did a power cycle of both the router and the mesh node I’m no longer seeing those entries in the log.

You're lucky, I tried both full factory reset and power-cycling both nodes, and was getting way too many of those messages.

Guess it's one of those YMMV things *smile*.

Note: Just tried 41793 more time for luck, full factory reset, then manual reconfiguration, followed by power-cycle of both nodes and still got those same messages. Wags1, want to come over to my house and power cycle my XT8's *smile*?

Last edited:

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!