What's new

XT8 setup on TalkTalk UK ISP

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Jimmyca69

New Around Here
Hi all,

I am moving from my current BT FTTP 900 package to the TalkTalk equivalent due to a ridiculous offer they had on recently.

I currently have a Asus XT8 setup with 2 x ZenWifi AX6600 devices, one as router and another as a mesh setup. The router is connected to the OR modem installed in the house.

Is anyone using the XT8 setup with TalkTalk? They have provided 2 x eero pro devices but I want to keep using the XT8's.

Posted on the TT forums but got nothing, although not officially supported via the ISP it suggests via the info provided here https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Set-up-a-non-TalkTalk-router/ta-p/2205383 that this should work on the router?

I just wanted to see if anyone had this setup on TT or whether the details on the link wont be an issue for the Asus router.

Thanks

Hi. I just received today 2 XT8. Is it the latest RT-AX95Q_386.07_2-gnuton1_cferom_puresqubi for this ?

Hi. I just received today 2 XT8. Is it the latest RT-AX95Q_386.07_2-gnuton1_cferom_puresqubi for this ?

Your query does not relate to the OP's question.
Instead of hijacking peoples threads start your own new thread in the @GNUton forum.

Hi all,

I am moving from my current BT FTTP 900 package to the TalkTalk equivalent due to a ridiculous offer they had on recently.

I currently have a Asus XT8 setup with 2 x ZenWifi AX6600 devices, one as router and another as a mesh setup. The router is connected to the OR modem installed in the house.

Is anyone using the XT8 setup with TalkTalk? They have provided 2 x eero pro devices but I want to keep using the XT8's.

Posted on the TT forums but got nothing, although not officially supported via the ISP it suggests via the info provided here https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Set-up-a-non-TalkTalk-router/ta-p/2205383 that this should work on the router?

I just wanted to see if anyone had this setup on TT or whether the details on the link wont be an issue for the Asus router.

Thanks
Hi - Yes ... I made the move to TalkTalk Fibre 150 this month. Unplugged the Eero, plugged in the XT8 ... and it just works. TalkTalk do not require any passwords or userID's, so no manual setup required.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!