What's new

Xt9 combining twin packs

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Andy1979

New Around Here
Hi
Newbie here. Sorry if this has been asked before. I trolled this place for weeks before taking the plunge to run my newly installed Starlink network.

I have two twin xt9 packs. In fact this is my second attempt as one of the first packs would not work as expected.

I’m trying work out the best way to set up as main router and 3 nodes.

The first two are obviously easy as factory set and I have these up and running for the second two, am I best setting up a new network with just the router and the node and then resetting first the node and then second the router as a node? Or is there a better way?

I had huge problems with my first attempt as neither could be found after resetting as a node via the app! I’m guessing I missed something and it was user incompetence but any advice or help or even pointing to the right place on here would be most welcome.

Thanks
Andy

I just did 2 XT9s and added my older XT8s as nodes. I would recommend setting up main device first on latest firmware and make sure all things work as expected first. Then remember, adding nodes need to be super close at initial setup. Go through the factory reset before you attempt to add them and do one at a time. Move the added one to desired location then do the 2nd one…..wash, rinse, repeat!

I just did 2 XT9s and added my older XT8s as nodes. I would recommend setting up main device first on latest firmware and make sure all things work as expected first. Then remember, adding nodes need to be super close at initial setup. Go through the factory reset before you attempt to add them and do one at a time. Move the added one to desired location then do the 2nd one…..wash, rinse, repeat!
Super close indeed! Do we know how close they have to be? I typically just connect with an Ethernet cable because sometimes having my XT8s next to each other doesn’t seem to be close enough 😀

Thanks.
All much less painful as imagined. Was able to add the 2nd main unit as a node without needing to reset via the web interface and then the final node the same way.

A few hours stabilisation and all running smoothly apart from web history logging which requires a reboot most days.
Outperforming previous set up painlessly even on wireless backhaul.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!