What's new

xvortex r7000 questions

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

elkido122

Occasional Visitor
Thinking about trying this considering it has ctf.. Is it enabled by default? is that what i need to enable to get speed over 250 or so? Also anyone on comcast using this and ipv6? If so how long is it holding for and is it stable? thanks

Thinking about trying this considering it has ctf.. Is it enabled by default? is that what i need to enable to get speed over 250 or so? Also anyone on comcast using this and ipv6? If so how long is it holding for and is it stable? thanks

Yes, the later versions have CTF +FA enabled by default. For the Comcast IPV6 thing, you should check the forum.
You may have to wait for a reply, as it's a bit of a Ghost Town, these days: http://www.linksysinfo.org/index.php?threads/asuswrt-merlin-on-netgear-r7000.71108/

CTF is supported by default with the stock FW...just in some cases it would be disabled, ie., when running traffic meter, access control, block site...

CTF is supported by default with the stock FW...just in some cases it would be disabled, ie., when running traffic meter, access control, block site...

Hi NetGear Guy. Do you have a link to a source for more information on this topic, i.e. when CTF is on, off, disabled because of the use of other router features e.g. running traffic meter, access control, etc...)?

CTF is not documented in the manual, so have requested for a full explanation...

Based on the source code, CTF gets disabled if access_control_mode is enabled. Kinda surprised it's not disabled by anything else, unless it's done in a closed source portion of the code.