What's new

YAHMon tool

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

stephan04

Occasional Visitor
Yet Another Monitor - bandwidth monitoring.

Hi has anyone been able to install the YAHmon tool on asuswrt-merlin?

http://usage-monitoring.com/index.php

I can format the usb drive ext4 and it mounts automatically in Asus-merlin . I can ssh into the router but the installation command says “file not found”

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

Yet Another Monitor - bandwidth monitoring.

Hi has anyone been able to install the YAHmon tool on asuswrt-merlin?

http://usage-monitoring.com/index.php
Well I just installed it for the first time and much to my surprise it worked (why am I always surprised when software works:rolleyes:).

I can format the usb drive ext4 and it mounts automatically in Asus-merlin . I can ssh into the router but the installation command says “file not found”
Either use the full pathname to the file or cd to the directory and prefix the filename with ./
Code:
admin@RT-AC68U:/tmp/home/root# cd /tmp/mnt/VERBATIM/ASUS/YAMon
admin@RT-AC68U:/tmp/mnt/VERBATIM/ASUS/YAMon# ./install.sh

Well I just installed it for the first time and much to my surprise it worked (why am I always surprised when software works:rolleyes:).

Either use the full pathname to the file or cd to the directory and prefix the filename with ./
Code:
admin@RT-AC68U:/tmp/home/root# cd /tmp/mnt/VERBATIM/ASUS/YAMon
admin@RT-AC68U:/tmp/mnt/VERBATIM/ASUS/YAMon# ./install.sh
Thanks Colin, I got it installed.

I rebooted my router this morning but the page says not found 404 for the reports. It must be something like a startup script if router reboots. Thanks again for the help.

I rebooted my router this morning but the page says not found 404 for the reports. It must be something like a startup script if router reboots.
I thought that might be the case*. It tries to run its scripts from NVRAM variables rc_startup and rc_shutdown, but I don't think that does anything in asuswrt. I think those commands would have to go in /jffs/scripts/services-start and services-stop, or maybe post-mount and unmount if running from a USB stick.

* I don't need to use YAMon so I uninstalled it.

I thought that might be the case*. It tries to run its scripts from NVRAM variables rc_startup and rc_shutdown, but I don't think that does anything in asuswrt. I think those commands would have to go in /jffs/scripts/services-start and services-stop, or maybe post-mount and unmount if running from a USB stick.

Thanks I will try to re-install it and dig up a bit more information.

Colin would you mind posting steps on how to uninstall it from the router please. Thanks

Probably the quickest way would be to issue the following commands. After the router comes back up you can delete the installation directory and start again.

nvram unset rc_startup
nvram unset rc_shutdown
nvram commit
reboot

Probably the quickest way would be to issue the following commands. After the router comes back up you can delete the installation directory and start again.

nvram unset rc_startup
nvram unset rc_shutdown
nvram commit
reboot
Thanks mate , that seems to have worked.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!