What's new

Yahoo and yahoo mail problem

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

ingeborgdot

Regular Contributor
This is as close to my category as I can get I guess.
Yesterday, I was working on the computer, working in yahoo and going to my email. I had no problems at all. Then last night my wife was going to go on to her yahoo mail and it just wouldn't go. I then tried and it didn't work. I went into my yahoo mail and now it wouldn't work.

Everything else popped right up but Yahoo Mail. Now, My Yahoo home page is very slow to open if it even does open up.

No matter what I do , I can't get Yahoo Mail to open.

I did a scan and it showed no virus or malware. I've cleared the cache. I have tried all the browsers there are. None work with Yahoo Mail.

I have an Asus RT-AC86U router and a Netgear Modem.

I have tried everything I know. What can I do?

OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro, 64 bit, Build 19041, Installed 20200920075603.000000-300
Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-Core Processor, AMD64 Family 23 Model 113 Stepping 0, CPU Count: 12
Total Physical RAM: 16 GB
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti
Hard Drives: C: 237 GB (33 GB Free); D: 1863 GB (1009 GB Free); E: 1863 GB (921 GB Free); F: 1863 GB (629 GB Free);
Motherboard: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. ROG STRIX B550-A GAMING, ver Rev X.0x, s/n 200771808600818

Why do you think it's anything to do with your setup? These things are usually caused by issues on the server you're connecting to or ISP and/or DNS problems. Have you tried connecting over a mobile phone connection?

Yes, and it worked over my phone connection on Verizon. With the DNS what do you suggest?
Yahoo and mail just came back on. I have no idea what happened.

Also, I just got off the phone with my IPS again and now they tell me that there was an outage that affected certain websites. Nice to know after all the hours I spent wasting my time trying to fix something I wasn't going to fix. :mad:
It just came back on a little bit ago.

Hi,
Just wanted to mention that I have had ISP DNS issues and couldn't access certain sites.
I went into router and changed setting from get DNS from ISP to manual setting.
I used the Google DNS. They must have every site in the world on their server.
Their numbers are primary 8.8.8.8 and secondary 8.8.4.4.
I have not ever had a site not come up. And I'm no Google fan by any means.
Also I have Comcast X-Finity and their DNS is lacking for sure. And slow.
Sites load must faster once I changed.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!