What's new

YazFi [Solved] Yazfi (again, same problem ever)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

maghuro

Very Senior Member
Even after full resets, firmware upgrades, etc... I'm still having the same issue with yazfi.

It's simple - when setting an open network (without password), all the yazfi settings don't apply. For example, if I set a different subnet, or a different dns, when connecting to a guest network it'll use the router default subnet and dns.

However, as soon as I set a WPA2 password to that specific guest network, yazfi starts working perfectly - all the configs start being used (subnets, dns, etc...)

It's easily reproducible. I reproduced it in a friend's asus router with merlin fw, and it had exactly the same symptom.

Any ideas? @Jack Yaz ?

Thanks!

Solution: when one wants to disable a guest network, disable it FIRST on YazFi page.

Last edited:
Don't use an open network. :)

Or don't use an open network with YazFi.

I'm betting 2 to 1 that this isn't something to 'fix'.

Why are you setting up an open network on your router? Doesn't seem like a promising idea, any way I try to slice it.

I can't see why an open network would make a difference. Does YazFi run, do the firewall rules get populated?

Don't use an open network. :)

Or don't use an open network with YazFi.

I'm betting 2 to 1 that this isn't something to 'fix'.

Why are you setting up an open network on your router? Doesn't seem like a promising idea, any way I try to slice it.
Sometimes I need to. It isn't always on, but sometimes I need it

I can't see why an open network would make a difference. Does YazFi run, do the firewall rules get populated?
I can't see either... But in fact, it happens...

If guest 1 is open and guest 2 have password, everything is good on 2 and bad on 1

Code:
iptables -S
and check for the YazFi chains please. you should see a group of entries for each interface, wl0.1, wl0.2 and so on
Sorry for the late answer, but I've been making some intensive testing (including full factory resets and configuring from scratch). And I think I've found the culprit with YazFi.
When uninstalling YazFi, it prompts if I want to keep the config file. If I say yes, next time I install YazFi and it detects the config file, first it doesn't mount the webpage. Then, I can edit the config directly with nano, but when making changes on webpage, they don't stick.
Also, when applying yazfi settings, they don't get applied, in the logs it only shows "yazfi starting" and nothing else. Neither the iptables get populated.
However, as soon as I uninstall yazfi and tell to remove the config, and install again and configure from scratch, apparently it works as expected.

So, in resume, it is related with keeping or not the config file when uninstalling.

Sorry for the late answer, but I've been making some intensive testing (including full factory resets and configuring from scratch). And I think I've found the culprit with YazFi.
When uninstalling YazFi, it prompts if I want to keep the config file. If I say yes, next time I install YazFi and it detects the config file, first it doesn't mount the webpage. Then, I can edit the config directly with nano, but when making changes on webpage, they don't stick.
Also, when applying yazfi settings, they don't get applied, in the logs it only shows "yazfi starting" and nothing else. Neither the iptables get populated.
However, as soon as I uninstall yazfi and tell to remove the config, and install again and configure from scratch, apparently it works as expected.

So, in resume, it is related with keeping or not the config file when uninstalling.
Can you pm me the full logs please so I can take a look? If i get time today I'll set up the 68U to reproduce it

Can you pm me the full logs please so I can take a look? If i get time today I'll set up the 68U to reproduce it
Sorry, didn't keep any logs. But it is easily reproducible, at least on ac86u it works like that.

Right now I have a clean yazfi install with config from scratch...

Also, I think there's something with web interface, as sometimes it doesn't write on config the changes I made.
Solution is rebooting router (and even rebooting doesn't always work)

Also, I think there's something with web interface, as sometimes it doesn't write on config the changes I made.
Solution is rebooting router (and even rebooting doesn't always work)
possibly a locking block which i changed, i'd have to check if I merged it to master yet

Crap. Everything was working. After a reboot, same problem... Again. Open network connects without yazfi settings.
I think iptables aren't being applied

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210131-121341434.png
    Screenshot_20210131-121341434.png
    254 KB · Views: 144
  • Screenshot_20210131-121529257.png
    Screenshot_20210131-121529257.png
    105.6 KB · Views: 152
  • Screenshot_20210131-121515788.png
    Screenshot_20210131-121515788.png
    190.8 KB · Views: 173
Crap. Everything was working. After a reboot, same problem... Again. Open network connects without yazfi settings.
I think iptables aren't being applied
I want to help but without logs I cannot see what is going on with your boot process.

Looks like FlexQoS is failing for you too: FlexQoS: ERROR! Check /tmp/flexqos_tcrules.log
You also have a lot of spam about buggy protocol on br0 which I haven't seen before. Which scripts are you running?
Try removing nextdns from the equation to start with
Well in fact I have FlexQos installed but qos is disabled, so the error.

That buggy protocol spam happens sometimes. I reported that to Merlin and he says that's asus closed source code. So...

Just disabled nextdns and rebooted, same problem.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210131-130542913.png
    Screenshot_20210131-130542913.png
    162.1 KB · Views: 127
Well in fact I have FlexQos installed but qos is disabled, so the error.

That buggy protocol spam happens sometimes. I reported that to Merlin and he says that's asus closed source code. So...

Just disabled nextdns and rebooted, same problem.
ok. if you run YazFi at the CLI manually, do you see the same issue? YazFi is starting but doesn't process the interfaces

ok. if you run YazFi at the CLI manually, do you see the same issue? YazFi is starting but doesn't process the interfaces
Yes sir. Running it manually have the same symptom

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!