What's new

YazFi YazFi - allow communication between 2.4ghz and 5ghz networks?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Gary_Dexter

I’ve setup a guest network for IoT devices and the like using YazFi on Slot 2 on both the 2.4ghz and 5ghz band, using the same SSID and Password for both, different IP ranges and “one way to guest” for both as I don’t want devices to communicate out to the “standard LAN”, but allow the “standard LAN” to communicate in to them.

The problem is the 2 guest networks can’t communicate between one another so things like Amazon Multi-Room Music doesn't work as it wants both (or more) Echo devices on the same network.

Is there anything that can be done to allow the 2 guest networks to communicate with eachother, but not to the main LAN?

I’ve setup a guest network for IoT devices and the like using YazFi on Slot 2 on both the 2.4ghz and 5ghz band, using the same SSID and Password for both, different IP ranges and “one way to guest” for both as I don’t want devices to communicate out to the “standard LAN”, but allow the “standard LAN” to communicate in to them.

The problem is the 2 guest networks can’t communicate between one another so things like Amazon Multi-Room Music doesn't work as it wants both (or more) Echo devices on the same network.

Is there anything that can be done to allow the 2 guest networks to communicate with eachother, but not to the main LAN?
Here's one possible solution using a script in "/jffs/addons/YazFi.d/userscripts.d/" folder, as discussed here on this thread:

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!