YazFi YazFi and AiMesh 2.0

• ATTENTION! You'll notice a Prefix dropdown when you create a thread. If your post applies to one of the topics listed, please use that Prefix for your post. When browsing the thread list you can use the Prefix to filter the view.
  • ATTENTION! As of November 1, 2020, you are not able to reply to threads 6 months after the thread is opened if there are more than 500 posts in the thread.
    Threads will not be locked, so posts may still be edited by their authors.
    Just start a new thread on the topic to post if you get an error message when trying to reply to a thread.

Jack Yaz

Part of the Furniture
Thanks to a very generous forum member (I'll let them decide if they're happy for me to name them :D) I now have an RT-AC68U. This means I can in-house test my scripts on an non-HND router (since I previously only had access to my RT-AC86U), as well as setting it up as an AiMesh node. This means I can investigate if YazFi can be integrated with the Guest Network syncing feature present in AiMesh 2.0 (or not)

I don't have an ETA on when I'll have any results, but work won't properly start until 386.x is finalised and released. I don't want to spend time on Beta firmware when my plethora of other scripts need updating!

abracadabra11

Regular Contributor
That's fantastic! Anxiously awaiting 386 release and script testing. Thank you for everything you do for our community.

Jack Yaz

Part of the Furniture
Since guest 1 seems to have a lot of problems, I'm holding off for any upstream changes from Asus. My non-expert opinion is that their VLAN implementation to sync Guest 1 to nodes doesn't play nicely with hardware acceleration, and throws "protocol is buggy" in the logs

SubNoize

New Around Here
Since guest 1 seems to have a lot of problems, I'm holding off for any upstream changes from Asus. My non-expert opinion is that their VLAN implementation to sync Guest 1 to nodes doesn't play nicely with hardware acceleration, and throws "protocol is buggy" in the logs
what do you suggest for those of us who have used your develop branch?

Jack Yaz

Part of the Furniture
what do you suggest for those of us who have used your develop branch?
it's fine to use, just that i won't be adding YazFi support for AiMesh nodes as soon as I'dhoped

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!