What's new

YazFi YazFi and possible Bonjour/Airprint problem

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

ppaull

Occasional Visitor
@Jack Yaz I'm reviving this question from the original YazFi thread from awhile ago regarding my Brother printer no longer being able to print via AirPrint/Bonjour after installing YazFi—Macbook connects to it fine, but gets stuck trying to print with "Printer is in use". Back then, I had shared the output of cat /tmp/avahi/avahi-daemon.conf.

Any further ideas to troubleshoot?

Does YazFi alter any router settings that would persist even after disabling JFFS? Because disabling JFFS scripts has no effect, if that helps narrow things down.

@Jack Yaz I'm reviving this question from the original YazFi thread from awhile ago regarding my Brother printer no longer being able to print via AirPrint/Bonjour after installing YazFi—Macbook connects to it fine, but gets stuck trying to print with "Printer is in use". Back then, I had shared the output of cat /tmp/avahi/avahi-daemon.conf.

Any further ideas to troubleshoot?

Does YazFi alter any router settings that would persist even after disabling JFFS? Because disabling JFFS scripts has no effect, if that helps narrow things down.
There's some nvram settings for client isolation but i can't see why they'd cause this. Are either devices on a YazFi guest network?

Ok, thanks, that helps me exclude YazFi as a culprit. I'll try reverting to default settings or vanilla ASUS firmware and see if I can narrow down the cause.

Ok, thanks, that helps me exclude YazFi as a culprit. I'll try reverting to default settings or vanilla ASUS firmware and see if I can narrow down the cause.
that's not to say it doesn,t somehow. unfortunately i dont have any apple equipment or a bonjour enabled printer to test out efficiently :(

Thanks for helping to the extent you can, though! Even if it's YazFi-related, I should be able to find out by retracing steps. It's just that it's a pain—so many settings.

Thanks for helping to the extent you can, though! Even if it's YazFi-related, I should be able to find out by retracing steps. It's just that it's a pain—so many settings.
can you check if reflector in the avahi conf is enabled? i seem to recall patching yazfi to disable it but im not sure off the top of my head. since avahi handles mdns its the only thing i can think of. even then, i dont know why it would cause issues with device naming/printer in use

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!