YazFi YazFi possible to merge 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz as a single subnet?

• ATTENTION! You'll notice a Prefix dropdown when you create a thread. If your post applies to one of the topics listed, please use that Prefix for your post. When browsing the thread list you can use the Prefix to filter the view.
  • ATTENTION! As of November 1, 2020, you are not able to reply to threads 6 months after the thread is opened if there are more than 500 posts in the thread.
    Threads will not be locked, so posts may still be edited by their authors.
    Just start a new thread on the topic to post if you get an error message when trying to reply to a thread.

BatKing

Occasional Visitor
Hi,

New AC68U YazFi user here and what a wonderful add-on. Just a question, is it possible to merge GuestNetwork's 2.4 and 5Ghz as single subnet? from the UI and Config, it seems each wifi 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz has to be separated subnet. My goal is each Guest network have both 2.4 and 5Ghz wifi and the 2 frequencies combine as single subnet so the clients on Guest1 can talk to each other even they are on different wifi frequency. Thanks.

Leon

SomeWhereOverTheRainBow

Very Senior Member
Hi,

New AC68U YazFi user here and what a wonderful add-on. Just a question, is it possible to merge GuestNetwork's 2.4 and 5Ghz as single subnet? from the UI and Config, it seems each wifi 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz has to be separated subnet. My goal is each Guest network have both 2.4 and 5Ghz wifi and the 2 frequencies combine as single subnet so the clients on Guest1 can talk to each other even they are on different wifi frequency. Thanks.

Leon
you can make devices from one subnet communcate to the other subnet with static routes. If your only aim is to allow communication between the two subnets.

BatKing

Occasional Visitor
Not sure if adding following iptables rule in firewall-start script can work? I am not around the router currently, but will test this out when I can get my hand on the router again. Thanks.

Code:
iptables -I OrgVLANs -i wl0.1 -o wl1.1 -m state --state NEW,ESTABLISHED -m comment --comment "Join wl0.1 to wl1.1" -j ACCEPT
iptables -I OrgVLANs -i wl1.1 -o wl0.1 -m state --state NEW,ESTABLISHED -m comment --comment "Join wl1.1 to wl0.1" -j ACCEPT

SubNoize

New Around Here
Not sure if adding following iptables rule in firewall-start script can work? I am not around the router currently, but will test this out when I can get my hand on the router again. Thanks.

Code:
iptables -I OrgVLANs -i wl0.1 -o wl1.1 -m state --state NEW,ESTABLISHED -m comment --comment "Join wl0.1 to wl1.1" -j ACCEPT
iptables -I OrgVLANs -i wl1.1 -o wl0.1 -m state --state NEW,ESTABLISHED -m comment --comment "Join wl1.1 to wl0.1" -j ACCEPT
did this work for you?

BatKing

Occasional Visitor
did this work for you?
not sure if u see my other thread about my failed upgrade to 386.1. I didn't proceed the iptables test as I was thinking to go AiMesh2.0 and YazFi not ready for AiMesh2.0 last I heard. so I used my old scripts.

see below thread last post for my working scripts. I am still using basically the same script. but this only works for AiMesh1.0. 2.0 may also work but the bridge structure and Wireless interface naming all changed and 2.4 and 5Ghz itself already created in br1 and br2 separately alone (instead of all in br0 initially for AiMesh1.0.) so the scripts may work but needs to change for AiMesh 2.0. Please note, because I roll back to 384.19 I never test this script in AiMesh2.0

Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!