What's new

Diversion Youtube overlay ads

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

NotA+

Occasional Visitor
Is it possible for diversion to block the overlay ads that appear on / over youtube videos at the bottom of the video?

(I have also noticed some ads generally creeping through on pages even though the ad provider is in the blocklist, e.g. adfarm I think ...)

thanks

Is it possible for diversion to block the overlay ads that appear on / over youtube videos at the bottom of the video?
No, this is generally not possible. The Diversion YouTube Video Ads blocker only (partially) works for video ads.

Thank you so much, was not expecting a reply from you, so really appreciated.

I know YT is awkward, but YT premium is overpriced. If it was a few $ a month for ad free I would pay for it, but it is excessively priced.

Thanks again :)

I have Diversion YT ad blocking enabled and I find since I did that that many videos get interrupted partway through, just when there might be an ad expected. The throbber on a black screen circles for a while and then an error screen comes up and I can choose whether to submit a report to YT or not. Coincidental, or related to Diversion?

I have Diversion YT ad blocking enabled and I find since I did that that many videos get interrupted partway through, just when there might be an ad expected. The throbber on a black screen circles for a while and then an error screen comes up and I can choose whether to submit a report to YT or not. Coincidental, or related to Diversion?
Don‘t bother the YouTube guys, they would correctly and rightfully blame the Diversion YT video ads blocker.
I got so fed up with these errors I disabled the feature on my router and now hand over the YT Premium fee for an ads free experience. The next Diversion release will no longer have the YT video ads blocking option, it does not work despite all my efforts.

(I have also noticed some ads generally creeping through on pages even though the ad provider is in the blocklist, e.g. adfarm I think ...)

thanks

If you are watching YouTube on a computer device, like a laptop or desktop, and on a web browser like Chrome/Edge/Firefox - please try uBlock Origin. It may be able to block the "overlay" ads on YouTube.

Of course, this doesn't help if you are watching YT on a smart appliance.

thanks
Google "YouTube vanced" for Android. No ads at all. Enjoy!!

Don‘t bother the YouTube guys, they would correctly and rightfully blame the Diversion YT video ads blocker.
I got so fed up with these errors I disabled the feature on my router and now hand over the YT Premium fee for an ads free experience. The next Diversion release will no longer have the YT video ads blocking option, it does not work despite all my efforts.
and what about YT adblock in Unbound, the same thing?

(I have also noticed some ads generally creeping through on pages even though the ad provider is in the blocklist, e.g. adfarm I think .

thanks
I have a household of preteens & other irresponsible adults who ignore all advice. My way to sanitise our lan of malware & ads was to use Nextdns.io

Best thing I ever did.

I just don't have time to endlessly tinker these days...

I have a household of preteens & other irresponsible adults who ignore all advice. My way to sanitise our lan of malware & ads was to use Nextdns.io

Best thing I ever did.

I just don't have time to endlessly tinker these days...
How are you running NextDNS; with 45.90.28.36 and 45.90.30.36 in your WAN DNS Settings or by one of the other options it offers?