What's new

ZenWifi AX - Cant suddenly connect from Lenovo tablet

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Peder

New Around Here
Hi.
I have a mesh setup with 2 ZenWifi AX. AX6600, XT8. Both have now latest firmware 3.0.0.4.386_43170. The problem occured after the upgrade to version 3.0.0.4.386_43169 (ASUS then released the 70-version just a day later) and I upgraded to 70-verion without change. Same problem.

Suddenly, one of my devices (1 year old Lenovo TAB) cant longer connect to the ASUS WIFI. Other devices works fine and the tablet can connect to other WIFI networks.
I have factory resetted the tablet without any change. Tried change WIFI password on the router, changing SSID, adding guest network to connect but no changes. Yes, I have also restarted the two ASUS nodes by powering them off and then on. Also tryed changing the WPA/WPA2/WPA3 setting on the router with all different kind of combinations.

The tablet MAC is not either in some "family blocking", QoS or any blacklist on the router.

In the system log file of the router i get the following trying to enable WLAN on the tablet, choosing the SSID, entering (the correct) password and choose "connect". The 2C:FD:AB:8F:5A:D7 is the MAC of the tablet. The WIFI log file is also pasted in this post below the system logfile.

What is wrong???

[LOG FILES ATTACHED AS TXT FILE]

Added: One more device couldnt connect either after update. Samsung S10 Latest firmware and all updates through google play.

Attachments

• ASUS LOG.txt
    9.6 KB · Views: 125
Last edited:
Your client appears to be constantly bouncing between the 2.4 and 5 GHz bands. Are you using the same SSID for both bands? If so can you change to using different SSIDs?

Thanks for your reply. In the Settings i can just use one setting of the SSID name. Think its the smart connect that handles this automatically and it works for all devices except just this tablet, and have worked for six months...

Went back to try with manually updating both nodes to back version Version 3.0.0.4.386.42095 (March 2021) and suddenly everything works again. Will leave this for now but eager to get the answer to the mail problem

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!