What's new

ZenWifi AX Mini XD4R as mesh node lan speed problem

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

swhdash

New Around Here
I have an RT-AX86U as my main router and the ZenWifi AX minis setup as wired backhaul mesh points. All work well, except that when I connect my laptop to the xd4r (router) module on the lan port, I can only connect at 100MB connection. I had an older ac68r before in this spot and it worked great passing a gigabit connection through the mesh. the mini claims to have all gigabit ports - has anyone else had success connecting this way? I do know that the Wan port is connected at full gigabit back to the main router.

Full setup:
AX86U - lan(1gb) to ZenWifi xd4r (WAN - 1gb) (wireless connections to this node confirm over 100Mb throughput)
ZenWifi xd4r lan to gigabit LAN connector on laptop - only connects at 100MB. If I force my adapter to 1000, I get no network connection.

Any thoughts? I'm wondering if there's a bug in the mesh implementation on this device...

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!