What's new

ZenWiFi AX wifi speed drops - needs to pull power chord to fix

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

kinget

New Around Here
Hi!

Got a frustrating issue with my XD4’s (ZenWiFi AX Mini):

After working perfect for several months at a time (and sometimes a few days) the network speed suddenly drops on
on all Wifi-connected devices.

I usually notice this when streaming platforms never loads (such as Netflix etc)
and LAN-oriented solutions such as Plex doesn’t work.
Also, working from home with Microsoft Teams, with both camera and microphone suddenly starts to bug out.
Doing a Speedtest on a wifi-connected device gives me between 2 mbit -> 60 mbit.

Lan-connected devices gives me full speed around 250-300 mbit.

For some reason, the only thing that actually helps is plugging out the power chord to the main unit, and leaving
it out for a minute or two.

Plugging it in again, gives me full speed.

As I mentioned above, this can last a few months, but the last time this happened, it only lasted a few days.

Strangely enough, it doesn’t help to simply reboot the unit from the GUI, I really have to pull the chord.

My firmware is currently 3.0.0.4.386_43129, as I have noticed that my Sonos equipment dies on newer builds.
My setup is fairly default, the only thing I’ve changed is the IP subnet to 192.168.0.x

Any ideas? Do I have a faulty unit?

Perhaps you can try updating the firmware to the latest firmware version and perform a fresh setup of the router.

It tends to fix performance issues on ASUS product most of the time.

Perhaps you can try updating the firmware to the latest firmware version and perform a fresh setup of the router.

It tends to fix performance issues on ASUS product most of the time.
That would unfortunately kill my Sonos devices...

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!