What's new

ZenWiFi AX (XT8) general setup - 3 units

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

cdanderson04

New Around Here
Hey Everyone:

New poster here. Love what you all have been doing to help us n00bs get good speeds and reliable connections. I have a question about setting up some ZenWiFi AX (XT8).

I have a three story home. Internet is Shaw and comes into through basement in utility room. Gateway is Fibre+ Gateway 2.0 (XB7). I believe that Comcast Xfinity has a very similar gateway. Has 1x 2.5GB port and 3x 1GB ports. I have two 2.5GB ethernet switches. They are of the MokerLink brand. I have one in use now and it seems to be working well.

So the way I have it set up now is Internet --> Gateway --> 2.5G port of ZenWiFi --> MokerLink 2.5G. From there I feed one port to a MoCA adapter to the main floor where our PCs are and they are distributed by 1GB ethernet switch. Also, into one of those ports on that 1GB ethernet switches is the 2nd ZenWiFi.

So the internet upstairs on the second floor has been a bit shoddy. I was thinking of installing an additional MoCA adapter and putting the 3rd ZenWiFi up there.

So my questions are:
1) Is there a better way to handle this setup? Right now the Shaw gateway handles DCHP and the ZenWiFis I have set up as APs in AIMesh configuration.

2) Should I throw the gateway into bridge mode and have a router and node configuration? Let the ASUS hardware handle the DHCP?

3) Is there any good templates for all the settings for the AiMesh/ZenWiFis?

I know it's kind of vague. I am working on getting a sketch together. Hope to have it uploaded later sometime today.

Thanks!

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!