What's new

ZenWifi CT8

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Daverm

New Around Here
Is this ZenWifi CT8 going to get any further firmware upgrades?

Last beta was release 6 months ago and the link is dead?

Thanks

Yes.

Welcome to the forums @Jansen.

When? Soon. :)

There have been other things brewing at Asus that they needed to get their house straightened up first for.

Why no GPL lately?

All recent beta exclude Asus ZenWiFi CT8 which is like a throw away or forgotten product while XT8 keep receiving new firmware update.

Asus didn't show more love to WiFi 5 product, only focus on WiFi 6, feel sad that my CT8 money is not well spent.

Last edited:
All recent beta exclude Asus ZenWiFi CT8 which is like a throw away or forgotten product while XT8 keep receiving new firmware update.

Asus didn't show more love to WiFi 5 product, only focus on WiFi 6, feel sad that my CT8 money is not well spent.
The CT8 has a Qualcomm chip... with a totally different firmware from the many Asus routers with Mediatek and Broadcom chips (all broadcom AX asus routers have an identical common firmware basis)... So the CT8 it is probably not a product that asus focuses on, nor does it consider it important to invest resources in it...

The CT8 has a Qualcomm chip... with a totally different firmware from the many Asus routers with Mediatek and Broadcom chips (all broadcom AX asus routers have an identical common firmware basis)... So the CT8 it is probably not a product that asus focuses on, nor does it consider it important to invest resources in it...
The question is than...why does Asus uses this chip in their products if they don't want to invest in it?
But i am also disappointed at this moment in this product and the update level. I thought i bought a top level product but at the moment the maintaince level is slacking (big time). But i also hope that they are going to straighten out their house and deliver on the top level product promise again.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!