What's new

ZenWiFi ET8 Kernel Crash (rtl8xxxu_tx driver)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

heaven

Occasional Visitor
The satellite crashes from time to time with

Code:
May  5 08:05:17 crashlog: <1>Unable to handle kernel paging request at virtual address a0f478cb

I'm not sure what to do with this. I'd like to downgrade the firmware but don't know where to find the previous version.

Attachments

• crashlog.txt
    27.7 KB · Views: 115
The satellite crashes from time to time with

Code:
May  5 08:05:17 crashlog: <1>Unable to handle kernel paging request at virtual address a0f478cb

I'm not sure what to do with this. I'd like to downgrade the firmware but don't know where to find the previous version.
You can find firmware for ET8 on webpage.

It's under Drivers/Tools, then Bios/Firmware, then See All Downloads.

You can download the firmware then manually update it.

You can find firmware for ET8 on webpage.

It's under Drivers/Tools, then Bios/Firmware, then See All Downloads.

You can download the firmware then manually update it.

Thank you, I tried that. Unfortunately, there is no version other than 386, which is a single large bug.

I was running the "RC3-3" release which is in the forums. The UI wouldn't let me in after a few days, but performance and connection stability was better even than this newest official release, which was weeks after I put RC3-3 on. I think I'm going back to RC3 and doing a wipe and manual reconfigure. Though I haven't done a wipe for the new official, so perhaps I should try that.
Man I wish there was a way to save port forwarding and DHCP lists to xml/json instead of backing up all-or-nothing. After all these years of WRT firmwares, I find it sad and lazy that they have not implemented this.