ZenWifi Pro ET12 Samsung Galaxy Tab S8 Ultra 6ghz connection problem on node

deerhound

Occasional Visitor
I set up my new mesh system ET12 and it seems to work quite nicely so far, except for one little problem. My 6E devices are all Samsung. A S21 Ultra phone, a S22 Ultra phone, and a Tab S8 Ultra. The 2 phones connect to 6E on both the home router and the Aimesh node. The Tab S8 Ultra connects properly to the 6E
on the home Router, but when I try to connect on the node, it reports "wrong password" and doesn't connect. If I connect on the home router and walk into the room with the node, it appears to switch to the node and work. Does anyone have any idea what might cause this? Currently I am in a support circle with both manufacturers blaming the other. I don't have an idea of how to figure which device has the problem. Any ideas are welcome.
Thanks
Dale

deerhound

Occasional Visitor
I reset both routers and switched them around. Still can't log in to 6ghz on the node with the Tab S8 Ultra and it still connects to the main router 6ghz.

lilstone87

I reset both routers and switched them around. Still can't log in to 6ghz on the node with the Tab S8 Ultra and it still connects to the main router 6ghz.
Sucks that this is an issue for you. If you're running Asus's firmware on them. Normally there's a "Feedback" tab within the webgui. Which you can report this issue to Asus to make them aware, and hopefully fix in a timely manner.

Personally I have nothing to suggest in terms of fixing the issue right now for you. Seems like a bug between the two devices. Definitely seems like something on Asus side. So I feel It's best you report it to them, and see if they can resolve it quickly.

L&LD

Part of the Furniture
I'm not sure how you're trying to connect to the node, specifically?

If it works when you're roaming, I don't understand the issue?

Have you tried using a different SSID and password, both strictly alphanumeric, with no spaces, punctuation, or smiley faces? And 8 characters long for the SSID and 16 characters for the password.

deerhound

Occasional Visitor
I just got a message form the Samsung Members forum that another person, with 2 GT-AXE11000 routers in mesh is having the same problem. Seems like Samsung just might have a software problem with the Tab S8 Ultra.

spruce-jackal

Occasional Visitor
I just got a message form the Samsung Members forum that another person, with 2 GT-AXE11000 routers in mesh is having the same problem. Seems like Samsung just might have a software problem with the Tab S8 Ultra.
Were you able to resolve this? I've got an ET12 and a Tab S8 Ultra in the mail.

deerhound

Occasional Visitor
No resolution yet. I am very impressed with the speed the Tab S8 Ultra gets on the 5ghz band, you will like it.