What's new

Zenwifi XD6S won't connect to XT8 Mesh (red led flashing within minutes of connecting)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

pvanosta

Occasional Visitor
My current mesh setup is as follows:
3 Zenwifi XT8 all connected using ethernet backhaul across 3 floors in the house
1 RPAC 55 in the garage, connected wirelessly to the mesh, which is broadcasting on channel 48

I wanted to add one more element to the mesh between the XT8 Router and the RPAC55, to strengthen the signal.
I found the Zenwifi XD6S on Amazon and added it to the mesh after ensuring it was reset, just in case.
Within a minute or 2 after connecting successfully (sitting right next to the router) and getting an excellent wireless signal, the red led starts blinking and nothing can be done until I go through the reset / reconnect procedure again.
Any ideas before I return this item?

More story here:

Indeed, that was me as well. Since returned the XD6S and installed an additional XT8 which works fine, now I also switched the backhaul on the other 3 XT8 from ethernet to auto...

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!