What's new

ZenWiFi XT8 Issue

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

wags1

Regular Contributor
I'm having a strange issue and wanted to see if anyone has experienced similar and/or might have some ideas as to the cause. I'm running the pair as a Aimesh system with wireless back haul running current firmware level. Everything seems to work just fine for 4 or 5 days and then all of a sudden no devices are connected, wireless or wired. LED's on both XT8 devices are still solid white but it's like they both just stop working. The only thing I can do is power off/on then once they boot back up everything works perfectly fine again for 4 or 5 days. I don't see anything out of the ordinary in the system log.

I only have one at the moment but do have to reboot the router after about 5 days or so, I have now scheduled a reboot twice a week. It's the kind of thing that seems to happen with newer routers So I'm just waiting for some new firmware that sorts it out

I only have one at the moment but do have to reboot the router after about 5 days or so, I have now scheduled a reboot twice a week
Thanks for the reply. I have implemented a similar twice a week reboot schedule just to get around the issue. But clearly that should not be required. I wonder if this is something Asus is aware of? If you have to reboot this thing a few times a week to keep it running correctly something is seriously wrong IMO.

There are a few different threads about the firmware issues with the XT8 that are well known around here. Asus is aware of the many issues that they have but they’re extremely slow in fixing them. The last firmware came out almost three months ago and it didn’t fix much.
Even the RC firmwares have tons of issues they’re slow to correct.

My XT8 is sitting in my closet until they get this fixed, it’s too unstable for everyday usage and I refuse to keep rebooting this mess every 48 hours or so. I’m now using a Netgear RAX50 and after its initial setup I haven’t had to touch it for over two months. This is how it’s supposed to work with routers, not a constant effort to keep your network up and running.

Agree they really need to get it fixed. I don’t mind the twice a week reboots if that stabilizes it till they get it fixed. It’s automated and I have it scheduled for 3 am so it’s fairly transparent. Shouldn’t need to do it though for sure. I am going to send something to Asus support just to add my voice to the chorus.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!