What's new

Zenwifi XT8 - Where's 5GHz band c support for UK??

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

andrewpieri

New Around Here
I'm based on the UK and found out after purchasing that the Asus XT8 does not support 5Ghz band C channels 149 to 161 which is permitted without a license in the UK at 200mW or lower indoors with TPC.

My guess is that this would help with stability between router and mesh nodes, when using wireless backhaul.

Does anyone know if Asus is planning to support band c channels? My new eero mesh system uses these channels

Thanks for any info

Andrew

Send it back and buy something better (not ASUS).

I had an AC3200 and now have 2x AX92U's relegated to use as access points, have also looked at other peoples ASUS units and in the UK they are all the same, 50% of allowed 5GHz channels are missing .

Other manufacturers have no issue getting it right.

... and in the UK they are all the same, 50% of allowed 5GHz channels are missing .
I don't know how you've calculated that 50% figure, but my router is only missing out on band C. All the other channels are available, so that's 24%.

I had a FritzBox unit on loan and counted the available channels on that, on the ASUS units I have half as many available .

There are better units at less outlay available.

I had a FritzBox unit on loan and counted the available channels on that, on the ASUS units I have half as many available .
Given there are 25 channels on 5GHz and band C consists of 6 of them you must have been missing another 6 or 7 channels that I'm not. Strange.

EDIT: I suppose if you're only counting channel groups of 80 or 160 MHz bandwidth and you exclude the weather radar channels you'd end up with a 50% figure.

I can confirm my AX92u is also missing band C on the 5g2 channel. I'm based in the UK.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!