What's new

Zenwifi XT8/XT12 vs Cisco RV340 Processor

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

thetnee

Occasional Visitor
Comparing the processors of my main router, Cisco RV340, vs my Asus Zenwifi XT8, and potentially the Asus Zenwifi XT12 that I might get, it looks like the Cisco is a lot weaker? Should I just dump the Cisco entirely since Asus can also do Dual WAN load balancing?

Cisco RV340 - basically a 900mhz Dual-core WTH lol
ARM-based architecture, dual core, hardware flow engine
900 Mhz (RV345, RV345P, RV340)
1GB RAM

Zenwifi XT8:
Broadcom's BCM43684 networking chip with a 1.5GHz quad-core processor
512GB RAM

Zenwifi XT12:
Broadcom 2ghz quad-core processor
1GB RAM

Comparing the processors of my main router, Cisco RV340, vs my Asus Zenwifi XT8, and potentially the Asus Zenwifi XT12 that I might get, it looks like the Cisco is a lot weaker? Should I just dump the Cisco entirely since Asus can also do Dual WAN load balancing?

Cisco RV340 - basically a 900mhz Dual-core WTH lol
ARM-based architecture, dual core, hardware flow engine
900 Mhz (RV345, RV345P, RV340)
1GB RAM

Zenwifi XT8:
Broadcom's BCM43684 networking chip with a 1.5GHz quad-core processor
512GB RAM

Zenwifi XT12:
Broadcom 2ghz quad-core processor
1GB RAM
i think enterprise grade load balancing is better compared to consumer one..

i think enterprise grade load balancing is better compared to consumer one..
so you think the Cisco router is worth keeping? for extra context. sometimes this Cisco router peaks at 100% CPU usage as well. could be bugs etc. because when i restart it it becomes fine.

since Asus can also do Dual WAN load balancing?

Asus Dual WAN is mostly marketing. Load balancing is very basic and fail over doesn’t work. Keep RV340, if you need Dual WAN. It can do full Gigabit with the CPU it has, no issues. Think about something else after EOS at the end of 2022. I have 3x RV345P in use and planning to replace them with Netgate firewalls.