What's new

ZyXEL NSA325 v2 very slow

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

dax76

New Around Here
Hello for all the group, I am sorry if my first message is about an issue (and my not perfect english), but I do not know how fix and this look like the only place where people can know.
I have a NAS Zyxel NSA325 v2 (i know... is old), 2 bay, raid 1, 2x WD black sata600 1tb each, gigabit ethernet.
Is connect to a ASUS rt-ac68u that is router and wifi.
I have a PC w10 x64 with pci-e wifi card.
My internet connection is 500mbit, and when i test it i can download at 35mb, I think is the max bandwidth of my wifi connection.
The NAS and router has Jumbo frame ON at 9kb and firewall off.
From a test in this website it show that in raid 1 read and write go from 70 to 90MB/s but I cannot go over 25MB/s, as i said if I use internet i can download 35MB/s so I think for some reason the NAS is very slow. Also if I connet for example my notebook with ethernet cable, the speed does not change.
Some one has some suggest, what i should check or fix, for make it work faster?

Thank you in advance
D.

How are you testing the access speed with the NAS ?

How are you testing access speed on internet ?

does the pc and any other network device all have 9k jumbo frames enabled ?
If not and all cannot be changed, you should think about changing all back to the default frame size as this can slow the network down some.

Last edited:
How are you testing the access speed with the NAS ?

How are you testing access speed on internet ?

does the pc and any other network device all have 9k jumbo frames enabled ?
If not and all cannot be changed, you should think about changing all back to the default frame size as this can slow the network down some.

The speed of the nas with tranfers big files, some hundreds MB or 1 gb, it goes 20-22 MB, sometimes pick of 24MB/s.
For internet speed speedtest.net
About Jumbo frames is on in the NAS and router, not in PC because is connect wifi and from what i read, only gigabit ethernet can have, so is useless? this can drop down so fast the transfer rate?

Now I made a test with notebook wired on the router, without jumbo frames transfer go at same speed 20-24, I activate it and jump to 74MB/s, cam be possible, just for this little thing? I have to keep the 20-24 by wifi for ever then?

Thank you for your answer.

EDIT: I try to off all jumbo frame, and now, by wifi, transfer is 35-40MB/s, so the issue was it.
Thank you for make me notice the jumbo must be setup in all device, alsowho recieve, I did not notice it

Last edited:
i would use iperf to test the local lan speed to see if and where the bottleneck occurs. One device will be the "server" and one the "client". You may need to use the option for multiple streams in parallel. The GOCoax thread in the MOCA subforum has examples of the command to use.