What's new

Zyxel NSA325

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

lucky420

New Around Here
Hello,
I am very new to all of this but have read many articles and post on this site.
For financial reasons, I am considering buying the Zyxel NSA325. This is advertised as a "Media" server but was wondering will I be able to store my documents and other windows software applications on this as well and have the ability to access them and transfer as I wish? Thanks in advance for any help and I hope that everyone has a great Christmas Season.

Regards,

Lucky

I'd say that "media serving" means there's a DLNA server and perhaps something compatible with Apple.

Hello,
For financial reasons, I am considering buying the Zyxel NSA325. This is advertised as a "Media" server but was wondering will I be able to store my documents and other windows software applications on this as well and have the ability to access them and transfer as I wish? Thanks in advance for any help and I hope that everyone has a great Christmas Season.

Regards,

Lucky

Take a hard look at the similarly priced Synology DS212J.
The on-line demos might help.

Hello,

Regards,

Lucky

I can't speak for the rest here comments but I own this model and use all it's features except the FTP and BT features. I run the printer server on a DELL 1260c Color Business laser no issues. Web Server, no issues. I even stream MCE DVR 1080i recordings from HDHomeRun Dual (well there are 2x on the network) via NSA325 no issues with the 1.6GHz. I store all my PDF, Office Docs, Xls etc.. no issues pulling up the Access Database either. This NSA325 is on 24/7 it turns off when not in use. (Sleeps) Media Server features works very well. I recommend it!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!