What's new

ZyXEL UTM40 gets "offline" if dhcp is turned off

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

grml4d

New Around Here
i discovered these days that turning off the dhcp makes the utm40 going offline .
i try to set-up a cisco phone 7945 and i need a tftp to upload files , as the utm is not able of doing that , i turned off its dhcp and planed to use tftpd64 by Ph Jounin ....

here is the setting page where i turn off dhcp for the lan

usg40_dhcp_lan1.jpg

few seconds later the web is unreachable and ping has no answer...

post-dhcp-off.jpg

i hope this ip bug will be corrected with next firmware...
may be the firmware could embed files for configuring the cisco phones for sip provider like ippi.com or ippi.fr...i tried to use cucm11 these last days to setup my 7945...but its a killer software that needs exsi plus a browser , that has a lot in common with the utm40 when it comes to have it clear + easy....................

beside cisco phones , that are the hardest to install , may be a torrent downloader like transmission could be added to the utm 40 firmware , that could be great to get files onto the usb and antivirus to check it at end.... i wonder if it has a scheduler included to set hours for torrent .
thank you in advance

What you want to do is download the TFPT file normally. Then you need to TFPT inside your LAN to the phone or device. The UTM is not going to block local LAN traffic.

Turning off your DHCP makes no sense to me.

i did turned off for the tftp serveur being it .
by the way i retested it and had no bug...nor time-out . i sent mail to the support of zyxel after founding others bugs ...there are so much that i get replies.. after weeks...
i was able to set the phone up and now is working ...
i used a pbx server in lan and tested config files ....if you read french : http://forum.elastix.org/viewtopic....ba8a344efe0a6914867eff2a029cfd&mobile=desktop
the main thing that makes cisco '$ phones "unbearable" is that names of settings were changed but most of the docs pdf or tutorials are made with old firmwares...[ the ones that "work"]
with old firmware you have to use : nat_enable , with recent : natenabled .
if you like shakespeare , it is a bit the same as to be or not to be...
https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/12425111/help-dumb-set-cp-7945g#comment-11001081
To natenabled OR nat_enable ....WHAT IS THE SOLUTION ?
A good joke ....from cisco...lol

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!