What's new

AB-Solution 2.0 is out! (v2.0.1)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

How about creating a YouTube video with a detailed instructions on how to install and use all the features of AB- solution... That might help people understand the advantages of each feature and how to use them...

How about creating a YouTube video with a detailed instructions on how to install and use all the features of AB- solution... That might help people understand the advantages of each feature and how to use them...
Do you have time and the patience to watch an at least half hour long video with me pointing at things?

Personally, I hate those Youtube tutorials. Give me written instructions so I can get through them in 1-2 minutes instead of wasting my time having to watch a 5-15 minutes video just to know what to click.

Personally, I hate those Youtube tutorials. Give me written instructions so I can get through them in 1-2 minutes instead of wasting my time having to watch a 5-15 minutes video just to know what to click.
And I would hate to make one.
Besides, since AB-Solution 2.0, every option that triggers an action has an info screen before you continue. If only people would read it, rtfm comes close.

Wait a sec. As of a while ago if you run the built in script you install entware-ng. From github:

Code:
Entware-ng installer is included into firmware since November 23, 2015.

Run entware-setup.sh to start using Entware-ng.

The older asuswrt-merlin releases (including 378.56_2) can install Entware repo, which can be upgraded to Entware-ng later:

If you follow the wiki here using the hqt script, I think your entware-ng is installed in an "entware-ng" directory. If you use the builtin script, your entware-ng is installed (without a swap file) in an "entware" directory. I may be all wet on this.

Wait a sec. As of a while ago if you run the built in script you install entware-ng. From github:

Code:
Entware-ng installer is included into firmware since November 23, 2015.

Run entware-setup.sh to start using Entware-ng.

The older asuswrt-merlin releases (including 378.56_2) can install Entware repo, which can be upgraded to Entware-ng later:

If you follow the wiki here using the hqt script, I think your entware-ng is installed in an "entware-ng" directory. If you use the builtin script, your entware-ng is installed (without a swap file) in an "entware" directory. I may be all wet on this.
Without blaming anyone particular, and I highly regard the work the maintainers do.
But the confusion is complete if you look at the actual download URLs:

Entware
Script: /usr/sbin/entware-setup.sh.
Installs to directory 'entware'.
Installer URLs:
http://pkg.entware.net/binaries/armv7/installer/entware_install.sh
http://pkg.entware.net/binaries/mipsel/installer/installer.sh

Entware HQT
Script: entware-ngu-setup.sh, download at: http://goo.gl/hshQkA --> expands to: http://files.hqt.ro/entware-ng/universal/entware-ngu-setup.sh (why not be frank about the URL? Everyone copy/pastes stuff, no need for a confusing URL shortener).
Installs to directory 'entware-ng'.
Installer URLs:
http://pkg.entware.net/binaries/armv7/installer/entware_install.sh
http://pkg.entware.net/binaries/mipsel/installer/installer.sh

What's even more confusing: Entware-NG installs into the entware-ng directory, and while doing so, removes an existing entware directory.
Hmmm.

I'm hoping not to be a pest and I am VERY excited to install and try AB-Solution v3. Any update as to how close it is to being finished?

I'm hoping not to be a pest and I am VERY excited to install and try AB-Solution v3. Any update as to how close it is to being finished?
While coding, I always listen to Dance, Trance or a similar style of music. I'm not that young anymore, but it's a habit that started many years ago and helps me keep focus.
One of my favorites are old songs that have been remastered to bring out the best in them and shine a new light on the artists. Artists, that even I am too young to have known at their time.
One such is Never, Never, Never by Shirley Bassey. Remastered by Groove Armada. Enjoy.

In long:
AB-Solution 3 will be released at the exact moment when I hit the Submit button for the release post.
In short:
Soon, but not within the next days, as I have other things to do that are more pressing at the moment.

While coding, I always listen to Dance, Trance or a similar style of music. I'm not that young anymore, but it's a habit that started many years ago and helps me keep focus.
One of my favorites are old songs that have been remastered to bring out the best in them and shine a new light on the artists. Artists, that even I am too young to have known at their time.
One such is Never, Never, Never by Shirley Bassey. Remastered by Groove Armada. Enjoy.

In long:
AB-Solution 3 will be released at the exact moment when I hit the Submit button for the release post.
In short:
Soon, but not within the next days, as I have other things to do that are more pressing at the moment.
OMG!.... i remember that song first time around..... was still only a kid but remember my mum playing it over and over....... i wonder what Shirley Bassey would make of the trance version. Somehow i can never think about Shirley Bassey without thinking about the old James Bond movies at the same time.

i wonder what Shirley Bassey would make of the trance version. Somehow i can never think about Shirley Bassey without thinking about the old James Bond movies at the same time.
She was an Icon at her time and progressively so, I believe.
In modern parlance, she would give an up-vote, click the like button, do a left swipe or a similar form of approval.
And probably tweet about it.

Cross your fingers: The test team have just now been given the release version to have a go at.
If all goes well, AB-Solution 3 will be released to the public later this week.

Hi experiencing a problem
The ad block no longer works after restaring the router even though the script says it is active
If i install this along with transmission,transmission stops working after reboot

couldnt agree more

Hi experiencing a problem
The ad block no longer works after restaring the router even though the script says it is active
If i install this along with transmission,transmission stops working after reboot
I'm missing a few informational bits to give you a qualified answer to this.
Like, did you install entware after installing AB-Solution

Installing AB-Solution v2.0.1 and older will remove entries in the /jffs/scripts/post-mount file for Entware. Look through this thread, there are solutions.
The upcoming v3 will play very nice with Entware. It's best you wait for it to be released if you are uncomfortable modifying scripts.

I'm missing a few informational bits to give you a qualified answer to this.
Like, did you install entware after installing AB-Solution

Installing AB-Solution v2.0.1 and older will remove entries in the /jffs/scripts/post-mount file for Entware. Look through this thread, there are solutions.
The upcoming v3 will play very nice with Entware. It's best you wait for it to be released if you are uncomfortable modifying scripts.
Yes i installed entware before
I have tried re installing transmission and entware after installing AB-Solution but then transmisson works and AB-Solution stops
I guess i will wait for v3

Yes i installed entware before
I have tried re installing transmission and entware after installing AB-Solution but then transmisson works and AB-Solution stops
I guess i will wait for v3
Good.
But keep in mind: While AB-Solution 3 has many advanced checks built in just for that, it may not fix things that happened before you (eventually) install that version.
You may have to start from scratch.

Yesterday i upgrade my manual adblock to the latest version with:
curl -O www.ab-solution.info/releases/latest/ab-solution.sh && sh ab-solution.sh

Everything works nicely

But today i tried top open adblock on my router via SSH via url:
curl -O www.ab-solution.info/releases/latest/ab-solution.sh && sh ab-solution.sh

I recieve the following message:

/tmp/home/root# curl -O www.ab-solution.info/releases/latest
/ab-solution.sh && sh ab-solution.sh
curl: (6) Couldn't resolve host 'www.ab-solution.info'

is there a problem with the site?