What's new
  • SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Android.

As I said, I have no issues with the ad-blocking script turned off. The issues only start when it is turned on. The blocking file that I'm using is shooter40sw.

Ah ok did you try with a little file?
I'm on standard and have no issues like that.
If it works on standard then there's some url which needs to be unblocked and for that you can use the ABSolution logging function to make a guess.

Ah ok did you try with a little file?
I'm on standard and have no issues like that.
If it works on standard then there's some url which needs to be unblocked and for that you can use the ABSolution logging function to make a guess.
I've switched to standard. I'll see if it makes a difference.

How do I go about adding some dnsmasq records while using Ab-Solution? Do I just follow the normal dnsmasq records solution to hardcode some domains to internal IPs like suggested here?

https://github.com/RMerl/asuswrt-merlin/wiki/Custom-domains-with-dnsmasq

I did that and put the records in but nothing points to those IPs when I try to go to the domains I have entered. I've even tested direct from the router and it doesn't seem to work. Help?
That's the best way to go, I use it for my local servers.
Do check the Last steps in your linked tutorial.

I read somewhere there is a fix to the problem of Android OS accessing to Amazon. Adding some links to the whitelist file. Sorry I couldn't find the post mentioned here.

Thanks

Hi! I'm sure this has been asked about before, but the search makes it hard to find. I got a 512MB swap file dnscrypt made. In AB-Solution I have 'swap file [-f]', and when I try to make one it wants to remove the dnscrypt swapfile. Should I do that, and will dnscrypt make use of AB-Solution's one?

I read somewhere there is a fix to the problem of Android OS accessing to Amazon. Adding some links to the whitelist file. Sorry I couldn't find the post mentioned here.

Thanks
There are several amazon.com hosts in @thelonelycoder's updated default whitelist that is contained in the following post:

Based upon my personal experience, adding those hosts will resolve the issue with accessing Amazon from the Android app.

Hi! I'm sure this has been asked about before, but the search makes it hard to find. I got a 512MB swap file dnscrypt made. In AB-Solution I have 'swap file [-f]', and when I try to make one it wants to remove the dnscrypt swapfile. Should I do that, and will dnscrypt make use of AB-Solution's one?
Swap file is used by the router itself, and therefore everything running on it. You don't need to do anything else if you've already created one!

Swap file is used by the router itself, and therefore everything running on it. You don't need to do anything else if you've already created one!

Thank you! Is 512MB that DNSCrypt made enough for both? Have to uninstall DNSCrypt to get rid of the swap file it seems. AB-Solutions fails to remove it, and it isn't possible to rm it.

I have got a AC87U.

Last edited:
Thank you! Is 512MB that DNSCrypt made enough for both? Have to uninstall DNSCrypt to get rid of the swap file it seems. AB-Solutions fails to remove it, and it isn't possible to rm it.

I have got a AC87U.
512MB should be plenty, I have 384MB on my 87U and haven't ran into any memory issues running a whole host of scripts.

Thank you! It seems fine yes. Running the 'large' block list.

Total: 255700 Used: 115008 Free: 140692

Swap total: 524284 Free: 524284

Maybe is a stupid question, but I already searched without finding something.

BACKUP.
I use rsnapshot to backup the external HDD, and I would also backup entware and others scripts configuration.
AB-Solution has the possibility to backup through e-mail, but I can't find a command to simply get the tar.gz archive with the config file (the same which is attached to the e-mail).
I'm looking for a command like SkyNet's firewall debug backup .

Thanks.
any solution?

I can't install ab-solution, it just keeps timing out. I had to reset everything because my WiFi wasn't functioning on Merlin's firmware. I was able to install AMTM but even that wont install absolution.

Then, when I exit ssh and try to log back in and I type AMTM like I used to do to start that program it gets an error message.

It seems like everything from the lonely coder isn't working for me for some reason. I mean I tried 3 different firmware's and factory hard reset the router 3 times and this continues to happen.

I can't install ab-solution, it just keeps timing out. I had to reset everything because my WiFi wasn't functioning on Merlin's firmware. I was able to install AMTM but even that wont install absolution.

Then, when I exit ssh and try to log back in and I type AMTM like I used to do to start that program it gets an error message.

It seems like everything from the lonely coder isn't working for me for some reason. I mean I tried 3 different firmware's and factory hard reset the router 3 times and this continues to happen.

Did you try a different USB drive?

Did you try a different USB drive?

yes, I tried two different USB drives. I can see the problem with ab-solution is that it doesn't connect to the main site its trying to download and install from. The whole process times out after like 45 seconds of trying to connect.

Clipboard01.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.