What's new

About to pull my hair out - RT-AX88U Pro 2.4 Wireless clients dropping

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Well, so far so good.

Broadcom is always adjusting things. It was the same with the previous generation radios. When I purchased my Asus router a new firmware was released on the same day. It had really bad Wi-Fi and I was thinking the router is defective. They somewhat fixed it later, but it was similarly to your experience disappointing. With a new model router you have to be patient. It may start working properly and with 3.0.0.6 (or perhaps then 3.0.0.8?) firmware somewhere in 2026. 🙃

Broadcom is always adjusting things. It was the same with the previous generation radios. When I purchased my Asus router a new firmware was released on the same day. It had really bad Wi-Fi and I was thinking the router is defective. They somewhat fixed it later, but it was similarly to your experience disappointing. With a new model router you have to be patient. It may start working properly and with 3.0.0.6 (or perhaps then 3.0.0.8?) firmware somewhere in 2026. 🙃

I'd love to see Merlin migrate to the new firmware platform, but I understand that's a lot of work and leaves a lot of legacy routers behind.

It still amazes me that a fairly mature network standard can be this buggy with new models, though. Thanks for the help!

What settings change stabilized the connection to your 2.4GHz clients?

Honestly? All I did was switch to Merlin from the stock firmware, and it has been flawless. I also disabled Wifi 6 on 2.4 as I don't have any Wifi 6 devices and Wifi 6 gives my Recteq grill problems.

Edit: I'm at 27.5 hours of uptime on the problematic devices and no issues.

Honestly? All I did was switch to Merlin from the stock firmware, and it has been flawless. I also disabled Wifi 6 on 2.4 as I don't have any Wifi 6 devices and Wifi 6 gives my Recteq grill problems.

Edit: I'm at 27.5 hours of uptime on the problematic devices and no issues.
I think Merlin is still on the 3.0.0.4 firmware and if you were using the latest stock it would have been the 3.0.0.6 firmware.

Disable also the above.
1706757404654.png

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!