What's new

AC-66U on 380.62_1 rebooting last couple days

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

nitro001

Regular Contributor
All,
I have an AC-66U that I updated to the latest 380.62_1 and have the Ad-Block 2.01 installed on USB. Overall it is a good firmware and have had no real complaints, but I noticed something odd the past couple days that my router was rebooting itself overnight. The only way I really knew in the morning was that my OOMA phone service was off-line and needed restarted since it isn't smart enough to re-connect itself for some reason. I checked the interface and yesterday morning it had an uptime of 12 hours. So must have went down around 10pm. Today I checked and it had an uptime of 2.5 hours which puts it around 8AM. The only thing I have been doing different is for the past 3 days I have had a constant stream of uploads from my Synology to my Amazon Cloud Drive for backups. About 80GB so far uploaded, but it seems to only be running around 1MB/sec and I have a 50/5 cable connection. Luckly the synology recovers from this and keeps on going.

Could it be the constant upload that is happening, or is there something else I can look for that would cause it to reboot like this?

Thanks,
Nathan

I am sorry to revive an older thread, but this still occurs, not as frequent, but does.
I just caught it and logged in right after and saw this repeating a couple times:
Argh. No free space left for GC. nr_erasing_blocks is 0. nr_free_blocks is 0. (e rasableempty: yes, erasingempty: yes, erasependingempty: yes)
jffs2_reserve_space_gc of 54 bytes for garbage_collect_dirent failed: -28

I checked my filesystem and noticed that the root had 0 bytes free.
Filesystem Size Used Available Use% Mounted on
/dev/root 22.2M 22.2M 0 100% /
tmpfs 117.0M 1.0M 115.9M 1% /tmp
devfs 117.0M 0 117.0M 0% /dev
/dev/mtdblock5 32.0M 1.1M 30.9M 4% /jffs
/dev/sda1 118.1M 118.1M 0 100% /tmp/mnt/sda1

I wasn't sure if it was root or sda1, as I had ad-block logging. I cleared out the logging and formatted the jffs partition again. That increased the space on my SDA1, so I will see how that goes, but root is still 0.
/dev/sda1 118.1M 34.4M 77.7M 31% /tmp/mnt/sda1

Should I be concerned about this?
Thanks,
Nathan

Root is always 0 available/100% used.....that's the firmware and is read-only