What's new

ac-68u or not

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

walttheboss

Occasional Visitor
I am working remotely into a server in another country. It sits behind a RT-AC68U. It is currently on Asuswrt-Merlin 384.6. It will not upgrade no matter what I try. It gets to 100 percent of the uploading firmware, blinks, and back to the main screen still on 384.6. I suspect it is actually a TM-AC1900. Is there any way to verify that without anyone on site?

Selection_122.png

I am working remotely into a server in another country. It sits behind a RT-AC68U. It is currently on Asuswrt-Merlin 384.6. It will not upgrade no matter what I try. It gets to 100 percent of the uploading firmware, blinks, and back to the main screen still on 384.6. I suspect it is actually a TM-AC1900. Is there any way to verify that without anyone on site?

View attachment 28988
You cant update that one as isnt allowed read top post about it.

I'm sure he knows that. He didn't say it was that model, he said he thought it might be that model. He was asking how to confirm it via software. I don't know the answer to that question.
I know but the symptoms are with 384.6 is it. He can try updating to old fw (384.15 if I remember correctly)
to update nvram since the newest fw.

Last edited:
If you can ssh to the router, you can try this...

nvram get odmpid

if it returns RT-AC68U you still won't know for sure....blank or anything else it's probably a TM