What's new

AC3100 384.4_2 SAMBA error 0x8007003b after 10% file xfer

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Deplorable

Occasional Visitor
Attempting to transfer large 1.2 GB file that previously got 32MB/s +/- now starts out at the expected speed then sharply drops after a few seconds and then tapers off to 0. After a short period of time it errors out with 0x8007003b. This worked flawlessly on 380.x and has only become an issue after updating to the latest version 384.4_2 so process of elimination...seems like something is wrong with SAMBA in this version? Should I just downgrade? I definitely cannot be having timeouts for something as simple as a file transfer that worked without issue previously.

smb.conf
Code:
[global]
workgroup = CATHARSIS
netbios name = AC3100
server string = AC3100
unix charset = UTF8
display charset = UTF8
load printers = no
printing = bsd
printcap name = /dev/null
log file = /var/log.samba
log level = 0
max log size = 5
security = USER
guest ok = no
map to guest = Bad User
encrypt passwords = yes
ntlm auth = no
lanman auth = no
pam password change = no
null passwords = yes
force directory mode = 0777
force create mode = 0777
max connections = 5
obey pam restrictions = no
disable spoolss = yes
host msdfs = no
wide links = no
bind interfaces only = yes
interfaces = lo br0 192.168.1.1/255.255.255.0
use sendfile = yes
map archive = no
map hidden = no
map read only = no
map system = no
store dos attributes = yes
dos filemode = yes
oplocks = yes
level2 oplocks = yes
kernel oplocks = no
enable core files = no
deadtime = 30
load printers = no
printable = no
max protocol = SMB2
min protocol = SMB2
smb encrypt = disabled
min receivefile size = 16384
aio write size = 16384
aio read size = 16384
socket options = TCP_NODELAY IPTOS_LOWDELAY SO_RCVBUF=524288 SO_SNDBUF=524288
strict locking = no
write raw = yes
server signing = No
read raw = yes
max xmit = 65536
allocation roundup size = 4096
large readwrite = yes
passdb backend = smbpasswd
smb passwd file = /etc/samba/smbpasswd

[2018/04/23 21:16:02.167561, 0] smbd/smb2_read.c:219(smb2_sendfile_send_data)
smb2_sendfile_send_data: sendfile failed for file 2016-12-25 T102417.mp4 (Connection timed out). Terminating

I had a similar experience with my RT-AC68U (technically RT-AC56U hacked) running Merlin's 386.2_4 firmware. I would transfer a batch of large files over to my attached USB storage on USB 2.0 port and it would fail within seconds (e.g., fast 10 MB/s would then suddenly drop down to 0). Windows 10 would then report the Error 0x8007003B: An unexpected network error occurred. Did a Google search and found this thread, but in a different thread here, post # 5 triggered me to check the HDD (NTFS format) for errors. Asus router reported errors found and requires a PC to treat the errors. Windows 10 couldn't find any errors after checking, which was odd. I then reattached the HDD back to the router, rescanned it and no errors found. I started transferring a batch of large files again. This time, the files transferred better than before, but now I face a different problem where the router probably chokes on the large transfer and causes it to glitch out, losing connection for a moment (e.g., network drive no longer found by Windows 10). I just wait out for the router to re-establish network connectivity and resume the transfer. Hope this helps anybody who's trying to figure out what's going on and scan their HDD for any errors to try and resolve the unexpected error.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!