What's new

AC53 wireless USB adapter not working with Windows 10

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Philip Rohrhuber

New Around Here
Hi all

I just installed Windows 10 to much delight. Everything seems to works out of the box, except for two things: ASUS Xonar Essence ST sound card and the ASUS AC53 Wireless USB adapter.

I need to get the wireless adapter working. But ASUS has not released Windows 10 drivers!.

The USB adapter is identified in Windows, but how can i make it work.
Someone on a different forum mentioned that the Netgear A6200 windows 10 drivers will work with the ASUS adapter, since they both rely on the same Broadcom chip/hardware. But everytime I restart the PC, the ASUS wireless adapter does not work again.

Anyone else has the problem and know how to solve it in a more stable solution?

Thanks
P

Hmm... that's odd, Windows should install the drivers when the device is plugged in...

Still have the older Win8/7 package installed?

Hi all

I just installed Windows 10 to much delight. Everything seems to works out of the box, except for two things: ASUS Xonar Essence ST sound card and the ASUS AC53 Wireless USB adapter.

I need to get the wireless adapter working. But ASUS has not released Windows 10 drivers!.

The USB adapter is identified in Windows, but how can i make it work.
Someone on a different forum mentioned that the Netgear A6200 windows 10 drivers will work with the ASUS adapter, since they both rely on the same Broadcom chip/hardware. But everytime I restart the PC, the ASUS wireless adapter does not work again.

Anyone else has the problem and know how to solve it in a more stable solution?

Thanks
P
I have had the same problem with the adapter. The suggested fix is to run the adapter's drivers under the Windows 7 compatibility mode. I have tried it on two machines and no luck.

My feeling in after trying to get support from ASUS is they have no plans to write new drivers.

Currently I am running an adapter that I picked up for $15 that does have Windows 10 drivers.