What's new

[AC68R]any reason why I can't set bandwidth to 20/40 in 2.4G?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

ronan_zj

I have this problem since day 1, and I still can't set my bandwidth to 20/40 in new 454 firmware.
I don't have any fancy setup:
WPA2-personal for both 2.4 and 5G,
wireless mode auto with b/g protection checked.
reducing usb 3.0 interference is disabled.

so I am wondering why I can't chose bandwidth to 20/40 MHz? and I can only choose 20 MHz because if I choose either 40 or 20/40 and save it, it automatically back to 20 MHz.

Reset router, reflash with same firmware and see if that solves the issue.

Make sure you flash it through Ethernet cable, disable Antivirus and any internet security software you have installed.

Reset router, reflash with same firmware and see if that solves the issue.

Make sure you flash it through Ethernet cable, disable Antivirus and any internet security software you have installed.

I did this way long time ago.

pic attached

Attachments

• 20131211163632.jpg
    20131211163632.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 455
Have you tried a different webrowser? Do any of your webrowsers have Adblock Plus or Anti Script extensions installed?

Have you tried a different webrowser? Do any of your webrowsers have Adblock Plus or Anti Script extensions installed?

tried IE and Chrome and my ipad
I have no problem to set this in my N56U tho.

Last edited:
Exchange it for a new one or RMA it under warranty.

I only have issues when using Boat Browser on my android phone; I cant manually input numbers like changing IP in settings.

So I cant think of anything else that could solve your issue.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!