What's new

[AC68R]Can't change Channel bandwidth under 2.4GHz

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

ronan_zj

I think there is another problem with 205 build, because I can't change the Channel bandwidth to 20/40MHz under 2.4GHz, and I have tried both "Reducing USB3.0 interference" on and off.

I did another check, the router can not change bandwidth to either 20/40 or 40MHz under 2.4G, and I can change the bandwidth under 5G without problem. So I guess I get a Defective Product?
Could anyone confirm your router can use 20/40 bandwidth with 205 built?

Last edited:
I did another check, the router can not change bandwidth to either 20/40 or 40MHz under 2.4G, and I can change the bandwidth under 5G without problem. So I guess I get a Defective Product?
Could anyone confirm your router can use 20/40 bandwidth with 205 built?

Are you manually selecting a channel or is it on auto?

Are you manually selecting a channel or is it on auto?

I just back from Bestbuy with a new replacement, and I am still having the same problem on the old FW 158.
I have done both way, and I am still stuck on 20MHz, so I am not sure if I did anything wrong on the setup.
I have guest network 1 on, and its WEP-128bit.
Both 2.4G and 5G are WPA2-Personal encryption

I have no problem to change channel bandwidth under 5G, but I have no luck on 2.4G

I can confirm I see the same issue in the firmware. Development has been made aware and it should be fixed in the firmware update next week.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!