What's new

AC86U loosing internet despite saying it has internet

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

PT25

Occasional Visitor
Hi all,

Hope someone can assist. I am using a Three Broadband Zyxel NR5103E Hub in Bridge/IP Passthrough Mode to my AC86U using latest 386.11 firmware. Lately, I keep getting internet dropouts at least once a day, however neither the Three Hub or the AC86U show any visible signs of having no connection. The only thing I have spotted in the logs around the time of internet outage is 'Sep 1 10:50:05 dnsmasq[2144]: Maximum number of concurrent DNS queries reached (max: 150)'. I have attached a snapshot of the logs. I have found through trial and error that it appears to be more the AC86U with the issue as the only way to restore internet connectivity is to usually reboot the AC86U. On occasions I need to reboot both the AC86U and the Zyxel. In all events it does not 'fix itself' without a reboot.

I have also noticed that when this happens after the max DNS error, it shows this:

Sep 1 10:48:45 kernel: eth0 (Int switch port: 3) (Logical Port: 3) Link DOWN.
Sep 1 10:48:47 kernel: eth0 (Int switch port: 3) (Logical Port: 3) Link UP 1000 mbps full duplex

I have had a search and can find a few threads with something similar however they all report downtime of only a few mins before it rights itself. My issue is only ever resvolved by rebooting the AC86U. I am not hugely technical so don't know where to start investigating this. Can anyone help at all?

Many thanks,

Paul

Attachments

• Log.txt
    15.2 KB · Views: 25